It’s been confirmed….Andrew has mono. Since it’s a virus, medicine isn’t an option. It’s just one of those things that has to run its course. He’s been sleepy for days and has an on-again/off-again fever. We kept him out of school for two days but the doctor said it takes about four weeks for the virus to leave your system. Fortunately, he can still go to school and church as long as he doesn’t kiss or lick anyone.
Looks like I’ve caught the mono bug from Andrew (probably from kissing him or sharing a drink). This isn’t fun but now you know why I won’t be blogging much this week.
Are you serious?!?!?!
This is actually approved?
I have a friend who is the best darn scrapbooker I’ve ever seen, met, or known. She is also a fine photographer and photo editor (I have much to learn from her). She is the craziest DISNEY fan I’ve ever come across and she has been my main source of DISNEY information in preparation for our trip to Orlando in June.
Anywhooooo, she tagged me: Pull the 6th picture from the 6th folder. I’m no photo editor but I think my sweet son and his cousin make the picture far cuter than any software program could. Thanks, Amanda!
Today’s Redbox code, good til midnight.
Make sure you return your free rental by 9:00 p.m. tomorrow!
Did you know you can upload your digital pictures to Ritx Pix and pick them up at the store for only $.06 on Tuesday and Wednesday of each week? This is a deal! You pay no shipping charges (duh) since they are developed “in-house”. I only paid $3 for 50 prints last week. I think that’s a deal…unless you got a better one you want to share with me. Please do!
Our local RitzPix dealer is WOLF Camera over in The Landings.
Oh no…the boys will not be left out. They each had a special friend to come and play with them, too. Funny thing is, all my kids’ friends are girls! We have got to have some more boys born or brought to our church, people!
Luke and A.C. enjoying some pretzels while sitting outside in the breeze.
Andrew helps K.M. (AKA “Piglet”) take a few steps around the house.
I’ll miss you when you move to St. Louis, Mackerdoodle! Glad you came over so we could play in the dirt together. Please come again….next week sound good?
I’ve noticed lately that I’ve done several things that cause me to wonder, “what’s going on in this brain of mine?”:
1. I started the washing machine, poured the liquid detergent in and walked away to get the dirty laundry. Somewhere along the path to the laundry, I guess I got distracted because an hour later I glanced in the laundry room and saw a full washer just waiting on some clothes to churn. At least there was no water a-wasting.
2. Last night for dinner, while rinsing beef in the sink, I poked my head outside to let the family know the food would be ready in ten minutes. I guess I got distracted and ended up walking outside to help one of my children get on their bike. This led to helping another child balance on their skateboard, and then helping my husband get our OTHER child out of the rear riding bike seat. When I walked back in four or five minutes later, the water was still running, rinsing the beef. All I could think about was the water bill.
3. I put the milk in the cabinet this morning.
4. I put a shoe in the fridge this afternoon.
5. There are many more I could write about but I’m too embarrassed to mention them now.
Check out these pictures from The Big Picture:
The Red River is approaching record flood levels, likely to break century-old records this weekend. Flowing north toward Manitoba along the Minnesota-North Dakota border, the river is jammed up by ice and is being fed by rain, snow and meltwater. The National Weather Service has issued projections of a crest of 43 feet near Fargo, North Dakota, 24 feet above flood stage. Volunteers and national guardsmen are out in force, building levees, rescuing and evacuating those that need to get to higher ground. Cold temperatures are hampering efforts, freezing damp sandbags and making the job that much more strenuous for volunteers. 800 more National Guard troops and 150 Red Cross personnel are arriving in the area this weekend.