It’s fall/Thanksgiving break which means that I’m at home everyday (thank you, Lord) with my three children. Because there’s no time apart from each other there have been more arguments than usual, creating many more moments to attack their hearts with the Truth.
Ruth Simons reminded me of the gospel this morning…and I ALWAYS need reminding.
1. You disobey the Lord…and He is the perfect Father.
2. His kindness leads us to repentance.
3. God disciplines those He loves.
4. Your child’s disobedience does not measure your value any more than his obedience showcases your achievement.
5. Your child’s disobedience teaches you dependence on God.
6. And sometimes it’s more than dependence He’s after, it’s complete desperation for Him.
7. Your child is clearly a sinner, and needs to hear the truth of the Gospel, and see it lived out through you.
8. Times of correction serve to remind, or establish within your child, his own sense of need for a Savior.
9. It’s not good behavior you really desire…you want his heart.
10. Your child is a person, not a project.